SEPTEMBER 9-10, 2016
Early Bird Registration: $325
10.8 WV MCLE credits, including 2.4 Ethics/L.O.M credits
Friday, September 9, 2016
- 10:00 a.m.-10:50 a.m.: Family Law Update – Brittany Ranson Stonestreet, Esq.
- 10:50 a.m.-11:40 a.m.: Parenting when there are Substance Abuse Issues – Family Court Judge David Camilletti, Amy Lanham, Esq.
- 11:40 a.m. -12:30 p.m.: When family law and immigration law intersect – Paul Saluja, Esq.
- 12:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.: LUNCH (on your own) & W.Va. State Bar Family Law Committee Meeting
- 1:30 p.m.-2:20 p.m.: Appellate Tips for family lawyers in Circuit Court and W.Va. Supreme Court of Appeals – Eydie Nash Gieser, Esq. (Deputy Clerk of W.Va. Supreme Court of Appeals)
- 2:20 p.m.-3:30 p.m.: Technology & Marketing Tips for Small Family Law Firms – Chris Pritt, Esq.
- 3:30 p.m. -3:40 p.m.: BREAK
- 3:40 p.m. -4:10 p.m.: Family Law Issues on the Horizon – WVU College of Law Prof. Kendra Freshee
- 4:10 p.m. -5:10 p.m.: Investment Strategies and Financial Planning after the Divorce – DHG Wealth Advisors Thornton Clay, Financial Advisor, Accredited Asset Management Specialist and Accredited Investment Fidiciary (AAMS, AIF) and Dollie Halford – Certified Financial Planner and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, (CFP, CDFA)
RECEPTION following conference sponsored by Dixon Hughes Goodman Hughes Wealth
Saturday, September 10, 2016
- 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.: Effectively Presenting your Family Law case – Randall Kessler, Esq. Atlanta GA, Former American Bar Association Family Law Section Chair
- 10:30 a.m. -11:20a.m.: How to present a Champagne case on a beer budget – James W. Douglas, Esq.
- 11:20 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.: Must know Social Security Info in Divorce Cases – Andy Nason, Esq.
2:00 p.m. – WVU GAME TIME!
WVU v. Youngstown! *tickets available